SEEK TOOLS ON THIS SITE

I will post documents, texts, critiques and my curiosities on this site...

In class I will refer to this site, when I am going to post pdf articles, or links to special sources.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

POP QUIZ: LIBRARY SKILLS ASSESSMENT

All:

As promised, I am giving you a 'quiz' which helps me to assess your library research skills.

CAN YOU FIND THIS JOURNAL ARTICLE USING WSU LIBRARY TOOLS?

Instructions:

1. Click on this link to see this book review: Kellogg, Susan.
Women in Ancient America, and: The Women of Colonial Latin America (review).


2. Keep this window open to help you search using the details provided.

3. Open another window. Copy and paste this link into your browser: http://www.wsulibs.wsu.edu/.

4. Locate this article in its pdf form through the WSU library system.

5. When you find the article, save a copy of it to your desktop, or copy it to your "My Documents" folder, or email it to yourself, or save it to your personal disk/jump drive.

6. Bring a copy of it to class on Friday or Monday (latest).

7. On a separate sheet of paper, write down the steps that you took to find the journal article.

8. IF YOU CANNOT FIND IT, SEEK HELP FROM ONE OF THE REFERENCE LIBRARIANS! They will help you walk through the process. This is a trial and error process. Keep moving forward, don't stop.