SEEK TOOLS ON THIS SITE

I will post documents, texts, critiques and my curiosities on this site...

In class I will refer to this site, when I am going to post pdf articles, or links to special sources.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

ANNOUNCEMENTS & PLANS FOR FRIDAY, JAN 22, 2010

Tomorrow, FRIDAY, JAN 22, 2010, I will quickly show the 10minute film, 'F Word'.

Thereafter, I plan to provide you with a structured space to accomplish three things in small groups, with large group report-outs.

1. I will have you do an 'ice-breaker' exercise. We will spend about 15 minutes introducing one aspect of our first journal reading response (which I will return to you).

2. You will review primary documents which I will provide to your group and think collaboratively about issues of gender and power, and answer questions as individuals and as a group.


3. I will also introduce a primary source (from one of my current projects) and ask you to contemplate the uses of science, technology, politics, race, gender and media in the production of a postcard image.

For now, I am re-scheduling some activities on the syllabus, due to a time re-arrangement that the Librarian had to make with me due to her recent illness. I am currently scheduling two mandatory library experiences for you. The first will take place next Friday.

So, yes, I am going to re-schedule the film: "Race: Power of an Illusion" for a different day next week, in order to provide you the full class period next Friday to be spent with the Library staff.

Please update your syllabus and calendars accordingly.


--M. Tamez